25 Days of Christmas - Day 16: The Old Church Pew

Day 16: The Old Church Pew

Look at this beauty.



This isn't just any old bench.  It is a pew from our old church.  Well, the old church building.  We still attend the same, wonderful church, just new location and facility.  My mother-in-law and MB both bought church pews when the building was sold, and my mother-in-law eventually gifted hers to me.  MB and I finally decided this spring to have them cut down and made into smaller benches.  An old friend of mine from elementary school had gotten into woodworking, and he was able to cut them down and replicate the ends to make five new benches.  All three of use got one.  
(Cough, cough...We have two left. Going on sale after the first of the year)  

When I think of the support (see what I did there?) this bench provided to fellow church members for decades, I can't help but feel...humble.  
A bench that humbles you...now, that's an interesting piece of furniture.  I think I have to choose "humble" because when I see it, I think of the countless number of sermons this pew has heard, the Baptisms, the weddings, the Salvations, the worship and prayers prayed from its wooden seat...

My other furniture ain't got nothin' on The Old Church Pew.  

All decked out in my front entryway with flocked garland and twinkle lights for Christmas,
 I am so glad that this bench was reborn to witness our life 
and the blessings that come straight from 
the Savior 
the star of the Christmas season.  


Comments

Popular Posts