25 Days of Christmas: Day 19: Snuggles with sickies

Some days you can write a witty, thought-provoking blog post that you feel super proud of and can’t wait to publish. Other days, the three other human beings living in your home have the stomach flu and you come home from work early to clean, launder "compromised" linens, and sanitize every surface in your home.  This is how I spent my day, today.  It didn’t leave me with much energy or wit to be able to write much tonight, but I did have at least three positive take-aways from my crazy, but blessed day... 


One...
This is undoubtedly my favorite corner of my home.



Two.. 
When your babies (and hubby) are sick, you just want to make everything better.  Unfortunately, there are some things that just have to run their course. So, it is a momma’s job to make things a little easier.  I have to admit though, as much as I hate when the people I love are sick, I was so grateful for the snuggles I received from kiddos, especially my two-year-old, today. She is usually so busy running around that I don’t get a lot of opportunities to hold her while she sleeps. I have had quite a few mothers tell me they feel (or felt) this way with their babies. So, today, I am thankful for the snuggles! I sincerely hope that this holiday season you can find some time to snuggle someone you adore- but withOUT the sickness!

Three...
You're blessed if you have a friend who delivers milk to your house so that you don't have to go back out and leave your sick family alone.  Even when she is prepping and cooking to host your Bible Study gals only a few hours later.  Thanks, Sara.  xo  



Comments

Popular Posts