25 Days of Christmas - Day 5: Fancy Branches

Day Five: Fancy Branches

As much as we love those sweet, wistful ornaments that go well on a tree or garland around a window, MB and I have an appreciation for elegance as well.  The twinkle lights at Christmas provide the perfect back drop for crystal ornaments, silver bells, and all things sparkly.  These things mixed with natural elements are our jam.


MB received this amazing manzanita branch from her sweet friends Lourdes and Jess, the (amazing) women that we were traveling to see when the idea for Bluebird Girls was born.  I have coveted swooned over this piece of wood that dreams are made of since the first time I laid eyes on it.  I even tried to talk her into "storing" it at my house.  She didn't bite, and after seeing what she has done, I have to say I am glad she refused to part with it.  Inspired by this time of year, she has created the perfect mix of natural elements, crystals, and sparkle.





Much like Mary Poppins carpet bag, Maribeth pulls this stuff out of nowhere!  She had all of it on hand.  She accumulated the snowflake ornaments over the years, and she bought the crystals at an outlet mall.  My husband and I got married on New Year's Eve, and I can't help but think how beautiful this would be at a winter wedding.





The best part about fancy branches is that they can often stay put long after Christmas.  Post-holiday depression is real once all the twinkle lights, decorations, and presents are put away.  Your house loses that warm, cozy feeling that only the holidays can bring. Often, to combat this, we will leave up our evergreen trees throughout winter to enjoy the warm glow of the lights through the cold month of January.  This is why any decoration that can double as Christmas and winter decor is the perfect remedy to your winter blues.

I'm happy to say that my coveting days are over, because we were able to find you (and me!) some awesome substitutes:

Manzanita Branches
Crystal Garland
Snowflake Ornaments
Beaded Snowflake Ornaments (and these are BOGO right now!)
Again, we don't make any commission, just spreading joy and happiness (Bluebird Girls Philosophy)!

Comments

Popular Posts