25 Days of Christmas: Day 22 - Wrap It Up!



Last night was a wrapping party at our house!  After the babe was in bed, we put on Christmas Vacation.  We were laughing so hard watching that movie and deciding who in our family each character resembled.  We decided he is definitely Clark, especially when Clark loses it on the reindeers when he can't get the lights working.  Interesting enough, MB was watching the same movie over at her house with my dad, Nick, and Lindsey.  It is a definite staple of our Christmas holiday.

While we watched Christmas Vacation (and eventually Christmas with the Kranks, I sat at our coffee table and wrapped like a machine!  I just love my plaid wrapping paper this year.  I went ahead and got all but a few gifts wrapped.  Tonight it is all about the bows!  I had originally planned to use black ribbon, but then I found SO MANY stick on bows and red ribbon.  So, plans changed.  MB has always taught me to use what you have!  Why spend money when you can make something beautiful without spending money...even if it isn't exactly what you had planned (the part I struggle with most).



These late night wrapping sessions have become a tradition in our home, and I look forward to that one-on-one time with my hubby.  We stayed up late, laughed, wrapped, double-checked everything we had bought... it was great!  I highly suggest a Christmas movie night sans children (if you've got 'em) with your special someone.

I just love how nights like this always make it feel like you are really "wrapping up" the holiday preparation...and I also love puns...so, win-win on that closing statement.

Comments

Popular Posts