Transitioning Decor from Christmas to Winter



Transitioning Decor from Christmas to Winter
by MB


I don’t know about all of you, but once the Christmas decorations come down (shared in a previous post never before January 1st) my ¨nest¨ looks pretty bare.  I always put my décor back where it was, but somehow it loses its luster.  So, this year to try and prevent that ¨blah feeling,¨ I decided to leave up more “winter décor” items.  I have to say that I absolutely love it! I mean...a pine garland with snowflakes and fake snowballs just screams winter, doesn’t it?!  





I tried to keep little touches of winter around other areas of the house as well- baskets and bowls of pinecones, some of my non-Christmassy (is that a word?) snowmen, and some hand-made frosted branches to add sparkles here and there.    

Of course, I also have sprinkled in a few reminders that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Has anyone else been swooning over adorable glittery houses? This little house I have is so sweet, and it couldn't be more perfect for this time of year.  



Going from holiday decor to winter decor doesn't mean I have to throw out all of my sweets! (After all, it is the first stop when my grandbabies by for a visit.) I’m that lady that picks out the green wrapped Hershey kisses and leaves the silver and red ones for Valentines….THEN use the green ones for St. Paddy’s day!



Other ways to keep that cozy feel of Christmas through the cold in dreary months... white twinkle lights, evergreen trees, birch branches, cozy garlands, white candlesticks, and paper snowflakes (even better if they are homemade with little ones)! Also! Cozy throws everywhere- knit, fur, sherpa...whatever makes you smile! How do you transition your decor? Share pics and tag us on Facebook (@bluebirdgirlsindiana) and Instagram (@bluebirdgirls)!





Comments

Popular Posts